Will I write you a letter of recommendation/serve as a reference for you?
Most likely, yes! As long as I’ve gotten to know you well outside of class and one of the following is true:
- You’ve taken multiple classes with me and done very well
- You’ve taken a single class, done exceptionally well
- You’ve worked on research with me
What do you need to do?
- Send me an email with your intended program/job/experience, along with due dates for my letter
- Include why you want to pursue the opportunity, why I’m a good reference for you, and good things I can say about you
- Remind me what grades you received in classes with me
I need a follow-up! Let me know if you were accepted and what your plans are! This part makes me happy.